Now accepting Telehealth appointments. Schedule a virtual visit.

Worker’s Compensation Specialist

Living Water Clinic -  - Family Medicine

Living Water Clinic

Telemedicine, Virtual Urgent Care, Family Medicine, Walk-in, Primary Care Clinic located in Porterville, Lindsay, Visalia, CA

When you suffer an injury on the job, whether an acute injury like a fall or you gradually develop an overuse injury such as back strain, you’re entitled to file for workers’ compensation. The health care practitioners at Living Water Community Health and Wellness Clinic, aka Living Water Clinic, have extensive experience treating work-related injuries and completing the reports required for you to receive workers’ compensation benefits. If you need help for an injury, call the office in Porterville, Lindsay, or Visalia, California, to schedule an appointment, book online, or go to one of its walk-in clinics.

Worker’s Compensation Q&A

What is workers’ compensation?

Workers’ compensation is insurance carried by your employer that covers the treatment of all types of injuries and illnesses that happen when you’re on the job. This insurance provides five types of benefits:  

  • Medical care (all the treatment you need to recover)
  • Temporary disability benefits (if your injury prevents you from working)
  • Permanent disability benefits (if you don’t recover completely)
  • Job retraining or skill enhancement (if you can’t return to the same job)
  • Death benefits (paid to your spouse or dependents if you die from your injury)

Though all employers are required to carry workers’ compensation, you’re covered by the California Uninsured Employers’ Benefit Trust Fund in the event your employer doesn’t have insurance.

When should I apply for workers’ compensation?

You should report your injury to your employer as soon as possible. If you have an overuse injury that developed over an extended time, tell your employer as soon as you’re aware of the problem. If you don’t let your employer know within 30 days, you can lose your right to receive workers’ compensation.

What workers’ compensation injuries do family medicine practitioners treat?

The practitioners at Living Water Clinic specialize in family medicine, which means they’re highly trained to diagnose and treat a wide range of health conditions, including most types of work injuries. They often treat work-related:

  • Sprains and strains
  • Cuts and lacerations
  • Joint injuries
  • Repetitive stress injuries

Though care is usually provided in person, California workers’ compensation law also allows you to use the telemedicine services Living Water Clinic offers.

How do family practitioners help with workers’ compensation?

Living Water Clinic does more than provide the evidence-based treatments required by California’s medical treatment utilization schedule. They also take the steps necessary to ensure your paperwork goes through in a timely manner by:

  • Completing your initial report and a treatment plan
  • Promptly completing the required medical reports after each check-up
  • Communicating as needed with your employer and medical case manager
  • Submitting work status reports with information about your ability to work

Living Water Clinic practitioners serve an essential role, as they make decisions about your overall treatment and when you can return to work.

If you need help with a workers’ compensation injury, call Living Water Community Health and Wellness Clinic, or schedule an appointment online. Walk-ins are also welcome.